Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sex Talk

We wrapped up our sermon series "Taking it to the Limit" this past Sunday. Talking about Sex in church is right up there with talking about Money. It messes with people's junk. I'm of the impression that during sermons on Sex there are many people who think, We don't need a sermon like this, we are Christians. Perhaps it is we who need it most. In a world where anything goes it's time followers of Jesus get things squared away so that our testimony can be most effective. I'm grateful for one comment in particular following the sermon. A mom approached me and said, Thanks for emphasizing what we emphasize at home.

Christ-followers are going to have to be more intentional about setting moral margins. There is a continual whittling away at moral limits. For instance, I was watching cartoons with my 3 year old son this past Saturday morning. During one of the commercial breaks I was stunned. Mixed in with commercials about G0-gurt and the newest toys came a commercial for a new TV show. In the commercial a woman takes off her shirt and exposes her bra to a man. It's ruffled my feathers enough that NBC will get a formal complaint from me. I'm not being militant but it bugs me immensely that this is what they are showing my son during a half hour cartoon.

Hold the line friends. Moral margins are important to your Heavenly Father.

Peter.

1 comment:

Jamie Moyer said...

Hi Peter! Welcome to the blogging world:) Just wanted to say that we saw that same commercial during the cartoon and I was also taken back...what in the world are they thinking?!

I'm looking forward to reading all your thoughts...we miss you guys!