Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Beliefs recap

Someone asked me following Sunday's service, "I believe in the core beliefs of Christianity, but how do you answer someone's question when they ask you, 'Who created God?' "
-Bigger heads than me have attempted to wrestle with that question. My thought is, if you could answer the question of who/what created God you are left with another question of who/what created that... And the cycle would simpy repeat.
It's an unanswerable question.

Jesus said, "Believe in God, believe also in me." The big question is what will I do with Jesus?
Following that, I really like what Rob Bell, "Who is Jesus among us?" Meaning, if I understand him correctly, how is Jesus revealing himself to our local body of believers so that we will faithfully live that out in our community in response. Who is Jesus among us?

This Sunday, "How do Christians behave?"

Peter

No comments: