Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Venture

So I'm here. I don't think I get to be called a blogger yet but I do get to say I have a blog. (Man, I am so cool.) Actually, my itch for putting some thoughts out into the word of cyberness has been itching for awhile but like many things in my life it gets replaced by other "urgent" items of business. How often does that happen...the urgent takes the place of the important...too much I suppose.

Life-Life has been going so great. Sarah and I are still friends and still married. Most people 7 years into their marriage should aim for the same thing. I'm aiming for it for 50 years down the road. Our kids...come on, how can I not love them?! William scares me with how brilliant he seems to be. Maybe every 3 year old is brilliant like he is (a collective "no" from his grandparents was just given) but he astounds me with his attention to detail and his long term memory. Kate is such a beauty. She has learned to shake her head no. For now, it's cute. I don't think she knows what it means. Soon enough she will and the cuteness will take a backseat.

Ministry-Life wasn't going great too long ago. I was feeling like I was in the tank. But, thanks be to God for helping me to stick it out. Thanks to my wife for being wise enough to yank me away from the church, office & people for 4 days recently so I could breathe and laugh again. Now, in the immortal words of Vanilla Ice, "I'm rollin' in my 5 point 0 with my rag-top down so my hair can blow..." Ok, so I don't have a Mustang 5.0 (don't really want one) and I don't have hair that blows in the wind but the fact remains I am ready for the next season of ministry.

More to come...Peter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Our Loar had to take a respit during His time with the apostles. Thier needs plus the needs of the people was grevious for him, knowing the amount of time He had to complet his task. If we as His children follow His example are we not stepping off on correct foot also. Our help mates should pull us back from the brink of collapse.

Keep on keeping on!!!

Smilibby said...

Thanks Sarah for standing by your man! You go girl! I'm praying that my daughter will be as much of a godly wife as you are. She's watching you with wide eyes.

I love the BLOG! I was reading a blog from someone from our homeschool coop and I felt like I could just sit down and talk to her like an old friend. It was weird, but cool.

I'm in agreeance with goshornsr on the whole get away and recoup.

Peter, I have been meaning to say this to you lately by card or in person, but since it is Pastor Appreciation month I think I'll start here!

WAY TO GO! YOU ROCK! Our family has been soo touched by your leadership and example. The way that you carry yourself both gently and firmly is such a great example to our growing boys. We can see all the hard work that your parents put into teaching and training you to be such a godly man. Thanks for taking your calling serious. I have seen the impact in MOPS, AWANA and so many other places in our church and have been praising God for sending you and Sarah to North Branch.

Thanks for doing what you do and keep on keeping on!

Blessings-Tammy

Jan Hussmann said...

I am always amazed at how God weaves people into and through our lives and consider you both to be some of the richer colors in my own life.
Sarah-I appreciate your friendship. It has been fun getting to know you. I appreciate that you often carry a heavy load being the wife of a pastor. You carry that load with grace, patience and dignity. You do a great job of holding down the home front so that Peter can do his job. I'm sure that many times it is not easy at all. Thanks for hanging in there!(P.S. I also appreciate your support in the use of daring paint colors!!)
Peter-I appreciate your leadership by example. I appreciate that in the good times and especially in the rough times you have always sought God's will and His desires for our church instead of your own. I appreciate your sense of humor. I appreciate the grace and forgiveness you have extended to me many times, and that I see you consistently doing the same for others. I consider it a privilege to work for you. Thanks for your friendship. Thanks for the impact you have made on my family--especially on Ross. I will forever be grateful for your showing him the heart of God.
Thanks for "getting" my husband's jokes and playing along with his musical trivia. It brightens his day!
Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get away for a few days and am very thankful you came back... ready to re-engage and carry on!