Saturday, October 27, 2007

Loading the Guns

I live in Michigan, where the licensed deer hunters outnumber the population of the state of South Dakota, and I do not own a gun. The men of my church just shake their heads at me.
The only loading I know to do is to prepare every Saturday night for what will come Sunday morning. A mentor pastor of mine, Dave Engbrecht, calls this "loading the guns."

Tomorrow I'm preaching on the topic, What do Christians believe? It's core stuff. Down to the bone stuff. (AKA, Doctrine & Theology)

The content of what I will share is similar to what I am doing tonight--making sure I know what I know. Our doctrine and theology, as followers of Jesus, is what we ought to be ready to live and share. It is what we must know that we know.

Alistair Begg says something to this effect... "The doctrines and beliefs of Christianity are not just for the intellectuals to know. In fact, they are learned more often through obedience to God's Word than they are through mere intellectual pursuit."
I like that. Obedience.

On another note, I spent time tonight surfing around blogs of former classmates, pastors and Chrisitan leaders around the world. It is amazing how God has placed His people around this orb. I am elated to be included in His kingdom work.

Peter.

No comments: