Saturday, October 20, 2007

NBC Response

Following my last post I did, in fact, contact NBC in regard to a racey commercial they aired during last Saturday's cartoons. I emailed the NBC Corporate Offices and immediately received a generic response from them. It said something like, "Thank for writing but due to the high quantity of responses we receive we cannot guarantee that we'll actually do anything--even read--your email..." (That's not a direct quote.) I understand that to a point and didn't get all bent out of shape.

Instead, I contacted our local NBC station, NBC25, with the same email. Today I recieved what I would call a decent and considerate email from a Jon L Bengston. Thanks Jon. I appreciate his action and I appreciate him following up with me. Below is the content of his response.

Peter,
Yours was the second email that I received on this issue and I researched the issue and found that NBC Network did air a promotion for Chuck in the Saturday Morning segment of their telecast. I forwarded the original compaint to the Affiliate Relations Division of NBC and did get a response that it was referred to both NBC Legal Affairs and upper management at NBCfor review. The promotional spot was inadvertantly more exactly, improperly scheduled for other than adult time periods and how that happened is up for review. Both the network and WEYI-TV take our responsibilitiesseriously especially when kids are affected. I can only assure you that on behalf of WEYI-TV NBC25 and our sister operation WBSF-TV CW46 this occurance is obviously not an example of our normal broadcast efforts. I appologize for the situation and for the uncomfortable situation created as a result.

Jon L Bengtson
Operations and Programming
WEYI-TV and WBSF-TV

No comments: