Monday, November 30, 2009

Intersecting Stories

So I met a guy in 1997 named Ben.
Ben was married to a nice girl who had a nice sister dating a friend of mine.  That sister, who I knew mostly through my friend, has gone on with her life--and so has he.  They are both married to other people now.  But that is not the point.

Ben posted on his facebook account tonight a link to an upcoming episode on the Dr. Phil show.  The story of his wife's sister is going to be aired this Wednesday.  I was intrigued and checked it out.  
He also posted this site:  prayforkate.com

Now I'm heavy.

Their story is familiar...
Beautiful girl.
Healthy and Vibrant.
Concerned parents because something physically was not right.
Doctors.
Hospital.
Tests.
Brain Tumor.

I know there will always be stories that intersect ours.  I know it.  I know it.
But it it stunning.

As God provides space in your prayer life, would you join me in praying for Kate and her family?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Peter,

I have been praying for Kate since the beginning. I can't remember who originally asked me to pray for her. I'm glad you passed on the information for others. I'm sorry there are always going to be painful reminders for you and Sarah. Keep holding onto Jesus. We love you and pray for you every morning and every evening. (You will see proof of that in a birthday card we sent to Sarah. Both of our boys, on their own initiative, wrote they love her in the card! They said they do, because they have been praying for her so much.)

Unknown said...

P.S. "office" is me, Lisa Kirkes. I always forget to sign in on my own account when I'm working on the church's computer! ;)