Tuesday, September 29, 2009

166

166 hours ago I was holding our Annie.  She was just two hours from departing this world. 
I can't believe it's been just 166 hours...almost 7 days...barely 1 week.


In that time we've arranged for her beautiful funeral; funeral director, burial clothes, burial plot, outdoor tent procurement, minister, friends, music, memorial fund, family travel & housing...  


Sometimes I just cry.  
Sometimes I have to play my guitar.
Sometime I'm sure I'm going to walk past her bed and see her smiling back at me.


Our Kate has said numerous times, "I'm so happy that Annie is with Jesus.  But when he's finished being with her she can come home."  
Someday she'll realize the truth of the matter and that makes me sad.


Our William has tried to stand stoicly through these days.  He doesn't like the tears associated with Annie's absence.  And yet, thankfully, he's cried too and spoken of his love for his sister.  


Nearly 7 days in this "club"--it's membership dues are too high if you ask me.
Only 7 days...and another 7 starts right away.


*A friend just called...divinely prompted to call us.  Thanks.  We're reminded that we are not alone in this 166th hour.

4 comments:

The Krueger family said...

oh peter you are not alone! You are so right the dues are WAY to high! I look forward to you and sarah's blogs. As a parent i could not imagin anything worse but i hold on to the promise of God that one day we will know why and she is smiling at you from heaven. That is sweet what kate says and william poor william who understands cant imagine losing a sister what sadness that must be like for him. You are always in my thoughts and prayers God has brought you this far i know he will carry you on and give you strenght for tomorrow. all my love as your sister in christ and friend stacie

Juli Jarvis said...

I thought of you this morning when I read Isaiah 45:3 -- "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name."

May God help each one of you to find these precious treasures in this dark time of your life. He is faithful. Thank you for continuing to share with us; we continue to pray for you.

L Kirkes said...

Dear Peter,
I wish I could take yours and Sarah's pain away. I know I can't, but I can stand with you in prayer, continually asking God to give you all you need in this day . . . each hour . . . each moment. You do not walk this journey alone. I will not grow weary praying for you, Sarah, William and Kate. I know our God is big enough, merciful enough, faithful enough, loving enough to carry you through your pain. We love you, Lisa, Tim, Tyler & Trey

Heidi said...

Peter & family,
Ever since my mom told me about Annie your family has been on my mind and in our prayers. We'll continue to pray for God to uphold you.
Heidi (Koeser) Smith & family