Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dollars and Sex

I live in Michigan, where the financial cruch that the rest of the nation is now feeling has been felt for the past 2 years. More than that, I live 80 miles from Detroit and 45 from Flint--two cities incredibly affected financially. It has affected our small town for some time now.

We have great people we know who are struggling financially. Some people in our church are losing their homes. Others are coming to our church for some finacial assitance. It has been a cause of real concern for me and we have only been able to make small dents along the way. I pray we can do more.

With all the layers of issues wrapped in the financial crisis I don't pretend to know too much about it and I don't pretend to know how to fix it. But I would like to make one observation. I wonder if anyone else has made the observation that the only man who is given any network airtime is that guy from Mad Money? Other than him, NBC and ABC (from what I've observed) has a female-only staff of Financial Consultants/Reporters. Nothing against women but I wonder what the driving force is behind this. Has anyone else made this observation? They seem to give sound advice and accurate reporting but where are the boys?

No comments: