Thursday, October 13, 2011

Permission.

There's a standing rule in our household; when I'm preaching and I'm going to tell a story involving Sarah I need to give her a heads up and sometimes get permission.  It is a system we have worked out.

What I am about to share needs no permission.

Today she was remarkable to/for me.
I arrived home for lunch and she knew my morning had been heavy.  Although I did not want to dump on her, when she asked a simple question the avalanche made its descent from me to her.

She listened and calmly asked questions.  She heard my anger and spoke into it.  She picked up our nearly one year old and directed our almost 5 year old to better activities -  continuing to carry my weight while taking the weight of others too.  She heard disappointing news and swallowed it with dignity and an incredible level of understanding.

I love her.  I have loved her for years.
She loves me.

And that is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and am so very sorry for the loss your family experienced. God bless you and your family~

Erin said...

awesome post Peter.