- I have one mom and one dad.
- My one sister is older than me.
- I lived in 5 different states before High School graduation. (3 more states and 1 additional country since then.)
- My neighbor sold me my first car for $750. A Chevy Luv.
- Bought my second car for $900. A VW bus.
- Shortly after that second car I bought my third car. It cost $4600. It was a more dependable VW.
- I dated Sarah 9 months before asking her to marry me.
- We were engaged another 9 months and then married.
- Have been married 10 years this May.
- Our William is 5.
- Our Kate is 3.
We visited the 3rd floor of the Mott Children's Hospital yesterday: PICU. Such amazing people there.
We walked by Family Consulation Room 2 and William said, "There's the room we were in."
My thoughts: "Yes son, that is the room where your mom and dad waited, cried, and prayed. Yes son, that is the room where the 4 of us sat as we told you that Annie was so sick and was going to die. Yes son...how did you remember that?!"
The book of Hebrews includes the following description of Jesus.
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
Did you see the number? Verse 15 says, "we have one..."
And because of that one we receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. God gives us grace right on time.
This weekend we are commemorating.
We are also celebrating; celebrating the victory of the One (Jesus) who overcame so much for us, celebrating his grace, and celebrating the one that through grace is with him even as we mourn that she is not with us.
I Love you.