Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sometimes they are difficult

This morning's church experience was difficult. 
I'm processing why and what and who and everything.

Our Sunday School class is tacking difficult topics.  It challenges our values and beliefs.  It's tough. Our Worship Team and Tech Team do an amazing job week after week but there were a couple glitches today that were noticed---at least by me.
Summers in Michigan...wow, two words, "Up North".  Attendance and Momentum are drastically impacted by the desire by people to have a summer break.
My sermon.  Hmm, definitely not one of my top ten.  (I am grateful God speaks through his Word and by his Spirit and not only through the voice of mere mortals.)

I know some Sundays are flat, I get that.  But that doesn't negate the funk I feel when they occur.  

Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll give my all again next Sunday.

And so now, an Ale-8-One


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when we are weak HE is strong.