Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Learning & Leading



I've been enjoying some great reading lately.

Bill Hybels' book, Axiom, is one I've been thumbing through in bits and pieces.  It's short chapters make for quick reading followed by good reflection.  Today I stumbled across this blog where each of the chapters was summarized.  Nice.  

I've also just finished Seth Godin's book, Tribes.  Loved it.  I don't know much about Godin but I also enjoyed his book, The Dip.

Sarah's brother put a great read in my hands recently, Jayber Crow, by the Kentuckian Wendell Berry.  It was a great novel...especially for those who love Kentucky.  Which, fortunately, I do.

Another book for this list is one I've been plugging along in before nodding off to sleep at night.  It's certainly interesting and is providing me some insights on how I write.  We picked it up on Amazon not long ago because we were intrigued by the title, Writing to Learn.  

Now, to the final book.  I'm enjoying and encouraging others to enjoy/pursue reading through the Bible this year.  I picked up a One Year Bible to keep me on track.  So far so good--although I admit some days I have to read 2-3 days of readings in order to get caught up.  (And wow, that's a big picture isn't it?  I couldn't get it resized.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mista Peta! Add to your list of books you must read: "Same Kind of Different As Me." Absolutely fabulous - and a true story. I couldn't put it down.