Thursday, May 1, 2008

Autobiography

I'm reading an autobiography of a women who loved and lived in Africa, I Dreamed of Africa.
Last night as Sarah and I were in bed reading I told her that in reading this book I keep wondering where it's heading. But then I realized it is the story of one woman's life so it's simply heading through her life.

...from there it went downhill...

While I was in college I thought it might be a cool idea to write my life story. My plan was to give it to my parents as a gift at some point. I told Sarah that I'd once thought this and she erupted in laughter! :) At first I thought it just kinda tickled her a bit but she laughed for several minutes while pushing out words like, "That's the funniest thing you've ever told me" and "Only your parents would think that's the best gift ever"--which is true.

Her laughter caught me and eventually were both laughing.
I told her I was going to blog about this. I also feel like I should tell her that my next attempt at my autobiography will be dedicated to her.

By the way, the first attempt didn't make it too far. It is probably still on some harddrive of the now antiquated computer that reside in the basement computer lab of the old science hall of Indiana Wesleyan University.

If anyone ever comes across it let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WANT that story!!!! Indeed, I do! Start now and remind Sarah of another woman (much older than she) that laughed. Ahem. :)
And I won't care if you read my journals when I'm dead. If there's any good for anyone in them, that will make them worth something other than an outlet for my thoughts.